View Single Post
Old 13th August 2012, 04:24 AM   #6
migueldiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Hi lorenz

all ethnographic museums in Paris or suburbs were grouped into a single one, these of the "Quai Branly" ...
Hi Dom! Wow, super ... merci beaucoup!

Thanks for all the tips, assistance, and invitation. Much appreciated indeed! I feel better already

Yes, it looks like the museum would be unable to reply to our letter-request. Actually, it was even written in French, and signed by a retired Filipino professor (Dr. Zeus Salazar, and he's the one mentoring me, in the study of the ethnic weapons of our islands) who got his PhD in Sorbonne with flying colors. But so far, no answer still. Hence, I truly appreciate very much your plan to make the call. Many thanks in advance (regardless of the outcome). I can also send you by PM our letter in case that would somehow help in the follow-up to the museum.

We will be arrive in Paris from London, on the morning of Aug. 28 (Tue.). Then we go to Amsterdam on Aug. 31 (Fri.). Thus we are definitely free starting the afternoon of Aug. 28, and the whole days of Aug. 29 & 30. We will be traveling with our eldest daughter by the way (she's 24 years old).

Which leads us to the [off-topic] of shopping -- my wife and daughter would be ecstatic if the plan that your dear wife and them can get together! I'll just send by PM the other details.

That idea of yours is surely a Solomonic approach -- the men and the women can go off on their respective merry ways.

Aside from visiting the museum, I surely look forward with anticipation to meeting you in person, assuming the schedules would match. Am surely hoping it will.

Best wishes!

Lorenz
migueldiaz is offline   Reply With Quote