View Single Post
Old 11th August 2013, 04:40 AM   #5
A. G. Maisey

Stu, I do not have a problem, because I do not sell on ebay.

My son had a problem, he pursued all available routes in attempts to resolve the problem, and he got nowhere. The man is not a fool, he's 43 y.o. and a middle manager in Australia's biggest bank. However, as with many people, in this instance he was sucked in by a consummate conman; I've read the personal exchanges leading to the eventual sale, and I probably would have been sucked in myself.

Yes, Paypal is associated with ebay, but they are separate organisations, and as I have stated, the advice from Paypal is that when they accept a card link, they accept the policies of the card company.

I did not post this little story in order to seek advice nor in order to have a belly ache about any of the commercial organisations involved. I posted it in an attempt to make those of us who do sell in on-line auctions aware of the structure of the scam.

My personal opinion is that if Paypal is only acting as an agent when they process payments, they have a duty of care to make available the identity of the card company before the seller accepts payment from the buyer.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote