View Single Post
Old 15th August 2007, 05:49 PM   #9
ALEX

Default Welcome Back Dom

First and foremost - Welcome back Dom, and many thanks for the nice pictures, mentioning about my friend Rimon, and for your nice words.
Rimon is a real gentleman and a talented artist. It is sad that the person of such a rare caliber can not fully utilize his "commercial potential" being located in Syria I had a pleasure to purchase some of his swords and daggers, and regret not getting more, and I miss Rimon dearly.

Ariel, the "restoration" Rimon does entitles all aspects of reviving/repairing swords/daggers using as authentic and natural means as possible. He certainly can make coftgari stamps/inscriptions (upon request), but mostly he polishes/etches abused wootz blades, makes silver-chased scabbards and crossguards, etc. Most of my previous posts depict his work, and it puzzles most experts by looking 100% authentic. However, Rimon NEVER lies about his products and always authenticates what's old and what's not. A very rare quality among Middle Eastern artists/dealers!

I can post Rimon's email, address in Damascus and telephone numbers, if anyone would like to get in touch with him.
ALEX is offline   Reply With Quote