Thread: Wierd pliers ?
View Single Post
Old 1st November 2014, 10:24 PM   #22
spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac2k
Well, then, I stand alone, and I wasn't kidding ; I believe them to be constructed for torture . It is amazing to me how, in this forum, where we have encompassed every strange form of weapon,multiple oddities, or numerous bizarre treasures from the past some completely close themseves to this possibility.

I didn't discount ,that they were a torture device.... All though I suspect there for metal working. Holding square bar...

I discounted your source, that led you to you conclusion, {A rubbishy low budget tv program.}

I also disagree with your assumption that the longer finial was only suitable for eye gouging... I see finial like that on many items.... Ive never imagined they were only suitable for eye gouging.. Each to there own though.

But I agree you could torture someone with them, crocodile pincers & shears are well known & when 35 years ago I unexpectedly saw the collection of gestapo torture equipment from there Paris cellars there were certainly blacksmith type tools amongst them.

But flat grippy pincers or toothed would be better for torture I think?

If one has that perverted & sick mind set you can happily torture some one with nearly anything... a bowl of water... a screwdriver, matches, pliers or anything really..

spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote