View Single Post
Old 12th December 2007, 12:27 AM   #17
ganjawulung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedhi Adhitya
1. Where is 'ganja wuwung' ? It is a common shape of ganja from side view, which has a straightline silhouette/contour, likes the top of the roof.
2. I'd rather to put Ganja Sepang (I recall Guritno translated Sepang as 'sak pang' (java) means 'in/on the same branch/bough. see dhapur's meaning section) in "Ragam Tampak Atas Bentuk Ganja" (Ganja's shapes from top view), simply define it as 'Ganja sepang= ganja which has no head', that is, both end are tails, whether it has curl or not, waved or not.
3. I'd add another shape in Ganja's shape from top view, namely Ganja Regol=Ganja with two heads, simply the opposite of Ganja Sepang. It belongs to dhapur regol (and yuyurumpung ? if I'm not mistaken) which has two gandiks. Quite rare, but it do exist.
Yes Mas Boedhi,

I have the same question about "ganja wuwung" (I hope my first picture below is one example of that straight, no curved "ganja wuwung"). Why, not included. If I'm not mistaken, some (or many) keris with tangguh "old tuban" have such "ganja wuwung"... And another example (picture) on ganja sepang...

Ganjawulung
Attached Images

ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote