Thread: pamor wengkon
View Single Post
Old 11th February 2011, 10:34 PM   #14
A. G. Maisey

I've seen this effect in the blumbangan in a few keris, I don't know how many, I haven't kept score, but the best example I know of is in a Peninsula keris that is in a friend's collection.

I don't think we can call it a kul buntet, because the kul buntet is a separately forged coil of material that is applied to the blade, this effect shown here in the blumbangan appears to have been created by cutting through layers of pamor, which in itself demonstrates a high degree of skill and beautiful forge control.

If in fact it is a coil of pamor material that has been inserted as a plug into the blumbangan, it would be more correct to call it a puser. Examination under magnification should allow determination of one or the other.

The wengkon is a seemingly simple pamor, but in fact it is one of the most difficult pamors to forge. It is only very, very recently that a couple of current era makers have mastered the production of this pamor. The example shown here is a nice one.

Marco, does the gonjo have a central line of pamor on its top face, as well as its side faces?
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote