Thread: Souks of Oman
View Single Post
Old 16th February 2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Default Souks of Oman

Salaams all~ I would like to present a running thread on Souks of Oman The aim of the thread is to show the scope of material being sold and the influence from other countries in all its forms. There are perhaps half a dozen souks to show and I shall try to add pictures as each gets a visit.
Here is the main Souk in Oman ... The famous Mutrah Souk right on the waterfront in downtown Muscat and a must for every tourist. Being the central collecting hub it is also a key area for serious collectors and some superb antiquities are also in there ... somewhere ! ... amongst the hundreds of shops.

Right now Yemeni work is flooding in. I noted a new store of Syrian provenance yesterday ~ Mutrah Souk can absorb it all ~ and is.

I intend this to be a work in progress so there will be a lot more to come. I just managed to get a few pictures as there were two or three cruise ships docked 500 yards away and between great swathes of tourists I managed to slide in with the camera.

On weapons I discovered amazing things ... and these may be viewed on the other involved thread on Kattara for comments ...

Mutrah Souk.

Regards Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Attached Images

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 16th February 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote