View Single Post
Old 1st December 2014, 07:12 PM   #6
spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchwarfare
In the middle east, markings have nothing to do with mfg. Yes, the font of the maker name looks modern. That doesn't mean it's not an English made gun. I've seen several Royal Afghan mfg. rifles, that have been scrubbed, and English markings added. Done I guess, to appeal more to the GIs. I was going by the fact that the lock looks English, and the trigger guard is heavily made military, not the sheet metal guards you usually see on these type guns. And I could be wrong.
Thank you for sharing your viewpoint... Although your reference, Afghanistan is not in the middle east....

I would agree the trigger guard looks legitimate, every other angle in stock & lock is off. The bolt holding the hammer is also clearly not English, never mind London made.

The fact modern fakes from Afghanistan, with a few original parts mixed in, {Of origin unknown.} you regard as legitimate is strange.

I State origin unknown as I presume you know many of the Royal Afghan Army rifles were made in Kabul etc. as well? Not just the UK?
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote