View Single Post
Old 17th June 2010, 04:59 PM   #20
sirupate

Quote:
Jonathan; Where as despite you accusing me of bieng missleading, you have blatenly deliberatly missquoted what the Museam Identification card actualy says.
Strong language indeed Jonathan, to acuse me of lying, why would I lie about such a thing?
Indeed you are correct about the card on the kukri;

I confess to getting muddled up between Major Gerald Davies description of the said kukri 'potentialy' and what was said on the card.
Quote:
Jonathan; Also The Gallipoli kukri Picked up by a chief pety officer makes no referance "potentialy" or otherwise to any particular Gurkha regiment.
You are quite correct, and I never said he did Jonathan, but Major Gerald Davies did so, as infact so did Gavin, it is certainley considered a kukri from 10th GR (from notes taken of when Major Gerald Davies the curator of the Gurkha museum talked to me about the kukri on display).
Quote:
Jonathan; It pointless trying to deal in facts with someone who missrepresents evidence in this manner.
Strong words again Jonathan, I'll let the what the Officers and men of the Gurkhas have said, speak for themselves, which has proved that Ancestral and Private kukri carried by Rifleman of the Gurkhas to be incorrect.
sirupate is offline   Reply With Quote