View Single Post
Old 16th August 2014, 06:23 PM   #22
David
Keris forum moderator

BTW, for those who don't read the language i put the photo caption through Google Translator and then searched out some of the words that didn't translate at first until i had the most coherent interpretation i could get.
Investigators and collecting artifacts related to the history of the Malay and Islamic Heritage Gallery Ancestors, in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Wan Ahmad Arshad show documents that contains Taming Sari keris sketch. Wan Ahmad alleges save manuscripts believed to be 250 years old, tells the story of Taming Sari keris, once said to support the theory of the existence of Hang Tuah. 32 manuscript pages in Arabic and old Malay helped attract European buyers, rather than a collection of artifacts obtained in Terengganu, about three months ago. The manuscript also makes specific reference to the Hang Tuah, Taming Sari keris and keris of Hang Jebat.
I would have a much harder time translating the old Malay and Arabic used in the diagrams themselves, but i am not convinced that what we are looking at displays keris picit at all. The series of circles and lines on these drawings could be meant to be pamor patterns or it might be some kind os mystical energy flow chart. The sketch on the left reminds me of chakras. But there is nothing there that seems to indicate that this blade is supposed to have been keris picit.
David is offline   Reply With Quote