View Single Post
Old 30th January 2024, 06:58 PM   #10
serdar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp View Post
would you have pictures of them ? I would like to see them very much !

Very rare and expensive? Just like a Crnagorka ...?
I do not mean the loza but the djevojka from Crngora; sharper than a yataghan and faster than an AK 47; deadlier ..!☺

the handle is a piece of art indeed. I believe I saw one in the museum of Risan when I showed my wife the Boka / Bay:
https://www.museummaritimum.com/eng/sala%20oruzje.htm
Hello, yes i have one picture with them, il post it here, well venetian ones are similar but more comon and they are in range 15-20 te, so these ones will be around 20-30 te.

They are beautiful, to me more practical than venetian ones becouse they dont have i call it crown that vrnetian ones do.

But both are excellent and are works of art, there are spectacular venetian examples.ond thing that anoys me is that some museums like american museums they describe those styletos and boka kotorska weapons like persian knife or persian dagger, but museums are poor infornation source.
Museums in croatia end three so called experts are weong abozt bunch of yatagans, from way they are made to engraving techniques to years, fir example museum in split is proud that they have two yatagans from 15. Century, but they are bad filigre albanian made imitations from 20. Century, with falsely engraved year.

About sword handle, yes there are similar ones in kotor maritime museum il post you pictures from museum.

By Crnogorka you mean a Vlaho Bukovac painting?

I posted pictures of boka kotorska made stiletos, and knives, and of boka kotorska kotorski nož or pala, it is similar to yatagan but it is not yatagan.

Allso one picture is from old book on balkan weapons, picture of two swords they are called ledenik, ledenici, they are rarest of all boka kotirska made weapons, they are maybe similar to stiletos, but are not, they are sword, often called zapašnjak, they were caried by belt like yatagans and palas, and are extremely rare, in kotor there are no examples in museum, very very rare.
Attached Images

serdar is offline   Reply With Quote