View Single Post
Old 20th April 2011, 02:12 AM   #13
migueldiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Coleman
Hello Migueldiaz and thank you for sharing the picture of your dagger. Do you think that the second dagger I have posted could be from the same area as the first or do you think Luzon for its origin? With out the original scabbard I would not want to guess but with the blade being so similar I wonder. If by some chance you tire of the dagger you posted please feel free to bring it with you this fall and I'm sure I can find a space for it with these.
Hi Robert. I just talked to the little feller. He said he's now enjoying the sun, sand, and surf in the many beaches here. And so he doesn't want to budge Can't blame the guy.

Joking aside, actually it's a sword. OAL is 27 1/4" and BL is 21 1/2". I definitely think that your dagger and my sword are from the same region in Luzon.

And I've always thought also that the pommel's radial design, plus the hemispherical shape, pertain to the sun which is the symbol of the Katipunan.

Your dagger even accentuates this (sun in Phil. flag) motif, with the adjacent Y-shape lines that is reminiscent of the Philippine flag's basic lines. In short, that's a mighty nice Phil. dagger you have there

Last edited by migueldiaz; 20th April 2011 at 02:45 AM. Reason: typo
migueldiaz is offline   Reply With Quote