View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 01:53 PM   #10
Belgian1

Default Wilkinson "precursor" hanger blade ????

Hello Norman, hello everyone,
Thank you very much for these photos and internet links. I know well this Wilkinson mark that you present to me in photos. It is indeed a marking for the blades of great production intended for the troops, but which does not correspond to the period of the hanger that I present. I know I insist on this detail, but it makes the difference and is in my opinion "an exception" with other models or type of police hanger. Maybe someone of you can show me a "Wilkinson London" marking on a blade of this type, mounted in police hanger? What I'm trying to understand is, why he's so different from other police hanger but most of all, I'm looking for the same hanger with a "Wilkinson London" mark. You will understand that if I decided to buy this hanger, it is neither for its state of conservation nor for its model which could have been rather common but for its curved blade of the type of "heavy cavalry" but of 61 cm and its marking really unusual or unknown in this case.
Reason why, I had thought of a precursor early XIXth by James Wilkinson or an attempt to contract with a specific County Police Unit.....
I'll have to find another one to start a documentation
Kind regards from Belgium
Fabrice
Belgian1 is offline   Reply With Quote