View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2005, 09:40 AM   #1
wolviex

Exclamation BOOKS FROM POLAND

Dear All!

Few times on this Forum we were talking about Polish books on arms and armours. Many of you bought some books, some of you only heard of few, but I think that generally they’re hard to get for most of our forumites. Because you were praised some of the books during our discussions I would like to offer you some of the them, which I’m able (or I’ll try) to get, and send them to you. There are some problems but I hope, if you’ll be interested, we will pass them easily.
Below you’ll find few books, they’re quite rare and not cheap unfortunately. I found that price is very inflated because of shipment costs which are always high.
Most of these books are hard to get even in Poland. Some of them might be from the second hand, I’ll inform you about the condition then, thought I’ll try to get new ones (especially those from the last few years). If you’ll be interested in any of them or you’ll have any questions, please write directly to me: wolviex@poczta.onet.pl
If book is hard to get, and attraction will be big, the order of the e-mail will be crucial – first come first served .

PAYMENT – unfortunately, until PayPal isn’t working in Poland, you have two ways:
1. directly on my bank account (information via e-mail). Please, ask your bank account manager about any other supplementary costs, if there are any. Maybe you can pay with your credit card without additional prices.
2. via MONEYBOOKERS.COM – if you are already registered, you know what to do. If no, you can register, then pay credit card or via bank on MONEYBOOKERS account, and those money will be send to me. Third way is, I can give MONEBOOKERS your e-mail adress with wanted price, they will contact you further, how to manage operation.

PRICES – With every book I give you presumably shipment price for exact book – Euros for Europe, Dolars for USA. If you want more books, or you are from outside Europe or USA, contact me.
Prices of shipment in Poland:
priority for package under 1kg – 18 EUROS (for European countries) or 25 $ (to USA)
priority for package 1-2 kg - 21 EUROS or 32 $
priority for package 2-3 kg – 25 EUROS or 39 $.....
non priority packages are very slow (I send once such package to Jim, and he was waiting almost 2 months) while prices are bit lower.

PS. I never thought I’ll turn into monstrous book seller

BOOK 1:
Zdzislaw Zygulski jun., Stara bron w polskich zbiorach [Old weapons in Polish collections], Warszawa 1982- and further editions;

Catalogue/album of weapons from Poland, Europe and East in Polish museums. Still one of the best books on arms of this type printed in Poland. A “must-have” for everyone interested in subject. I found that book became legendary because prices in USA or Europe bookstores raised to incredible ceillings (even 190$).

CONTENTS:
- Polish Arms
- Foreign Arms in Polish Collections
- West European Arms Purchases in the 19th and 20th Centuries
- Eastern Arms Purchases in the 19th and 20th Centuries

LANGUAGE Polish with English “booklet loosley laid in” (it’s 24 pp. b&w, only text) where you can find translation. Because I can’t guarantee that every book will be complete with this translation, in case of lack of it, I will copy it for you.

276 pp., 274 color photos, hard-cover, 28x26cm (10,9x10,1 inch.), weight 1,4 kg, high quality paper, only second handed, so I’ll let know what is the state of preservation of every book I will be able to hunt down. Don’t know how many examples I’ll be able to find, but antique shops have sometimes this book on the shelf.

PRICE: (may be vary but I believe not much)
76 EUROS + shipmeny circa 26 EUROS
93 $ + shipment circa 39 $

expensive? Take a look here :
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/Book...L?bi=596702323
http://www.bookavenue.com/cgi-bin/or...m,BOOKS040961I

sample pictures:
Attached Images

Last edited by wolviex; 22nd December 2005 at 06:17 PM.
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote