Thread: Walang Sinudhuk
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Raden Usman Djogja

Marco,

I have never seen pamor walang sinudhuk. But this kind of pamor is written in Ensiklopedi Budaya Nasional. It is difficult to say either legend or not.

I have a good story, according shape "umyang". I found several umyangs in traditional market "Beringharjo". Definitely, all of Umyang there were modifications.

And someday, I attended pametri widji gathering (usually this gathering is held on Sunday, the third week). At that time, the gathering was a little bit more special because of celebrating its anniversary. To me, one of guests brought a very special keris. Its shape was umyang, real umyang. Actually, for other person, there was no suprise. It's wellknown that there's a real umyang in the city. It belongs to that guest. After that, for me, umyang is not merely a legend.

Joke!
If you want to get/buy a Keris which has pamor walang sinudhuk. Just come to "a traditional market" and say what you want to at any price. One month later, go there and you will find it as you said. But, imho, just look at and dont ever buy it. Even if you search "pamor apollo" for 100 million rupiahs, it will be there soon, perhaps more than one.
Raden Usman Djogja is offline   Reply With Quote