View Single Post
Old 10th April 2013, 12:42 PM   #20
David
Keris forum moderator

Well Ferry, i would not argue that any of these examples you have now posted are from Bali (or Lombok). That much is clear in these examples though none of them are the same pasopati dhapur. I will continue to argue that the original example in this post is not from Bali....that there is very little you can discern from the one image we see about the true nature of the pamor...that it is a blade out-of stain anyway and could use some warangan to show it's true form and construction....that the dhapur of this original keris does not look Balinese and that when you compare the gandik, the form of the lambe-gajah, the form and shape of the greneng, the type of pamor present on the gonjo, the over shape of the gonjo.....sorry, this just does not read as a Bali blade to me at all. Even if it were possible to tell more about this pamor from the photo and it does use the lesser layers of the Balinese technique, i would still doubt a Bali origin for this.
Of course, you have also failed to address the fact brought forth by Jean that this very same keris is identified on page 132 in Tafsir Keris and that the blade apparently has some provenance. The book apparently lists not only the owner, but claims to know the Mpu as well.
David is offline   Reply With Quote