View Single Post
Old 10th April 2013, 11:01 AM   #19
ferrylaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
So Ferrylaki, if i understand you correctly, from this one overall photo viewed on a computer screen you have been able to determine the following:
1. The gandik has been re-formed
2. the pamor layers are thin, which means this is a Bali keris
3. the blade is thin which makes the odo-odo look tall
4. The sogokan are "very, very deep"
5. the greneng has not been re-formed (does this look like Bali greneng to you?)
6. the tagguh is not Blambangan (though that was never stated)

You can really see all that in this one photograph? I am quite impressed by this skill.
Do you have any provenanced Bali keris to show us to help support your belief that this is an old Bali keris? Can you support your ideas in any way other than your own observations based on this one photograph?
Do you have any response to the fact that the very keris in question apparently appears in a notable book on keris attributed to Mpu Supo and described as Dhapur Pasopati with pamor Wos Wutah?
I must say that
1. the gandik it just fine. it hasn't been re-formed.
2. the pamor is consist of only a few layers of thin pamor which indicate it is a bali keris. since bali keris applied this method of pamor making cinsistently.

3. yes I can see that all in a slight view from a photograph. and I've been study keris like crazy this last three years. I found that there is a very remarkable consistent keris making method is applied in each era and tangguh. even in the same periode of time and the same region as PBIX and mangkubumen the keris making methode on appliying pamor is quite different.

Lets continue abaout the picture of pasopati.I'd like to ask you all to observe the pamor. how many layers are they? howe thin every layer is. how is the tipe of wos wutah pamor applied? in point of view, the wos wutah is quuite different from javanese wos wutah , sultan agung or senopaten or majapahit tipe of wos wutah. off course this keris can't be a nomnoman .

these are some picture I found from the internet shiwing the consistent Bali wos wotah would look like.
Attached Images

ferrylaki is offline   Reply With Quote