Thread: Eunjangdo
View Single Post
Old 27th June 2022, 03:27 AM   #9
JoeCanada42

well said,
I like something with a mystery that I get to research and learn from, and above all I like something that I think is such a good price, that's what gets into my collection.
yes I do more likely think it is more modern, but how much modern if so does interest me, 90's, 70' 50' 1910??
I think that based on the niello and the blade markings I may be able to find out who made it or where, that would definitely be cool.
I don't want to rule out the 1% chance it is a well preserved older piece
I have higher hopes more for a quality piece at this point then an antique. built for the original purpose,(even if it didn't end up with the original intended owner). if made by a qualified native smith for the sake of keeping up a dying tradition, made the old way,, then its still a real weapon to me. if made identical or even by the same guild or master would be possibly preferable than the same producers older used one .
this feels similar to the story with the kaskara I bought, still very happy with it because its true, even if not antique., yet..
if someone could help with translation if even possible that is, then this would be a great start.
JoeCanada42 is offline   Reply With Quote