View Single Post
Old 30th January 2010, 08:00 AM   #6
laEspadaAncha

Hi Jim,

Thank you once again for the detailed response and for the referral to Bezdek. My reference library is very limited, though I have just enough material on American edged weapons that I've never purchased any of Bezdek's work... this might be the push I need to acquire one of his books.

There was a gentleman in Boston I corresponded with for a while back in 2005-2006 who had the most complete private collection of Scottish basket-hilted broadswords and dirks I have ever seen. At the time, he helped me date the maker of a BHBS I have that is marked to the Black Watch. Unfortunately, I have since experienced a computer crash and no longer have his contact information (score one for the pen-and-paper variety of address books).

With regards to the four-stamp hallmarks, in your experience have you ever seen examples of (non-silver mounted) edged weapons that made use of the same date stamps?

Hopefully your "call to arms" will result in some additional feedback that can help me identify the maker.

Best Regards,

Chris
laEspadaAncha is offline   Reply With Quote