View Single Post
Old 31st October 2008, 02:40 AM   #18
hideyoshi

Default Contradicting point of view

First of all, this forum is sure educational to new collectors and as well to those knowledgeable collectors who want to sharpened there knowledge on what they collect, very nice.

To respond to Mr. Bill Marsh's note. I had read a posting of yours regarding a Katana you were about to buy one time, and several other ethnographic weapons, shields and others. Your postings/intensions were truly plain and simple, to verify from the knowledgeable if what your about to buy is ligit? Did all this deal went thru? what happen to the sellers? I am attaching one of your previous posting

Let's let the moderators look in to this. Thnks.

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...light=japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marsh
Miguel,
I think that we all got caught up in your enthusiasm. We know there was no intention of wrongdoing.

However...

As I understand this, the discussion begins to border on asking public questions about pieces that are for sale. It is possible that the seller could take offense.

I'd suggest, to be one the safe, though "tedious" side, that you make specific inquiries by PM as to value and quality.

I'd think that posting an ivory handle weapon for comments would not be a problem.

The question is asking "Should I buy this one or this one and why?" Might elicit comments that a seller could find offensive.

Somehow this must have arisen in the past, prompting rules of this Forum. I'd leave the fine points to our legal moderator, whom I believe is Andrew or Mark.
hideyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote