View Single Post
Old 17th April 2017, 04:39 AM   #11
kayoba84

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
While i do understand why someone might suspect this hilt is resin based upon the photos i personally would never make such a judgement given the evidence available. By that i mean that these photos are not good enough to make any definitive judgments. Like Rick i also suspected that Kayoba was alluding to Nik Rashideen as the possible carver. If that is so it sounds like he has some reason to believe so. I would love to hear how he came by this keris so that perhaps these questions can be answered with more than these inadequate photographs.
Good day guys. Sorry for the late response, was away for the weekend. Rick and David both guessed correctly. My Name is Nik Aziz and the carver was Nik Rashidin, my late uncle.

As mentioned, I am an amateur collector, and i have in my possession a few pieces from his old collection, as well as a few new hilts and sapirs for my old blades crafted by his brother, Rashidee or Abe Dee as he is known amongst the older generation collectors.

Yes, the hilt is ivory, from my late uncle's old ivory stock. Will post pics of few othe pieces from my collection, and will try to post betterr pics from the piece I posted previously.
kayoba84 is offline   Reply With Quote