View Single Post
Old 17th September 2010, 11:43 AM   #30
mykeris

My dear Penangsang, Identification through tayuhan is something very very subjective to me, no doubt is right at times but always fall a victim to somebody else.. I would still prefer the logical way of what Alan is doing via research with concrete sampling.

However, Alan could have overlooked at something that he has never encountered before which few people did. Thus, opinion differs. Most of his samples are of deteriorated blades as a result of being buried underground hundreds of years ago. My question is: What happen to those Keris Budos which never experienced the 'ruin' and passed down with special care?. Would the blade look something horrible, 'cripple' like what Alan and I is keeping or just as smooth as it was. Could it be light in weight or how the wesi look like?

I would not swallow everything what Alan said unless he represents the Indonesian majority. However, my personal opinion is: it is still very very safe to absorb Alan's opinion due to his excellent findings and links to distinguished people of keris in Indonesia.

At the same time, I will keep my options open.
mykeris is offline   Reply With Quote