Thread: Why Post?
View Single Post
Old 26th June 2009, 11:58 AM   #20
Norman McCormick

Hi,
I do think there is a definite difference in having an item I.D. and then deciding whether to keep it in your "private" collection, for whatever reason, and information seeking for commercial gain. I don't see any difference in a lawyer charging for his/her time and knowledge and anyone else parting with hard earned and time consuming expertise if the party in receipt of that information is just going to use it for commercial advantage. Perhaps a bit of transparency by those who "INTEND" to seek "ONGOING" financial gain would be to everyones advantage. If you are going to deal I'm sure many would still want to see and voice opinions about pieces but at least if it were known that there was a commercial aspect each member could decide whether to join in or not thereby avoiding any conflict. Just a thought.

Apart from the above digression it would seem clear that any and all information from Members is to be welcomed and 'don't be shy' with questions is to be positively encouraged. With this in mind I look forward to sharing many more hours of convivial banter with you all.
My Regards,
Norman.
Norman McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote