View Single Post
Old 19th November 2016, 07:51 PM   #3
rickystl

Hi Philip. How have you been ?

I bought this Torador intentionally to make a shooter from. It is good quality, but plain and undecorated. So it has maybe a medium collector value, if you know what I mean.

The inside of the barrels were intentionally made this way. And all Torador barrels seem to have a variation of this. If you use the Search feature, you can locate my previous Threads (Part I and II) where there is a long discussion and theories as to the reason for this interior bore design. The new steel liner and sleeve in the barrel has added weight. But that's just how it had to turn out.

I won't need a new stock. I have all the other original parts including the stock, barrel bands, and even the original ramrod. The stock just needs the fore arm repaired, and a hole bored at the back of the barrel channel to accept the new breech plug.

Here is a pic of the other parts, and a pic of what the new pan cover will look like, less the decoration. Mostly just a matter of re-assembling now. I'll post again when it's complete.

Rick
Attached Images

rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote