View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 08:41 AM   #9
thinreadline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronckew
Correct, I keep forgetting him since he wasn't around very long...he ruled 1830-37.

Alexandrina Victoria became Queen in 1837, starting the Alexandrinian age, er, somehow she became just Victoria on accession, so we think of her reign as Victorian'. (Probably too much of a mouthful, she was known as 'Drina' until she was crowned and finally broke free from her mother and insisted on being called 'Victoria'. The Drinian age would have sounded a bit odd.)

Anyhow, wood would () be better, the golden translucent fibrous horn of an overweight bellicose African herbivore on the endangered species list would not be PC.
Yes people do , he was always in the shadow of his older , badly behaved brother ! But on the matter of British monarch's name titles , it is very common for them to take one of their other forenames when they accede to the crown. For example Edward VII was Albert Edward and George VI was Albert Frederick Arthur George .It is unlikely that Prince Charles will be crowned as Charles III .
Your sword is highly interesting and I wish I could suggest a reason, but these hybrids do turn up from time to time, its often suggested that officers serving in India preferred this style .
thinreadline is offline   Reply With Quote