Thread: Keris Holders
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 09:00 PM   #1
cecas24

Default Keris Holders

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, in Birmingham, AL. I am writing a thesis on balinese keris holders and holders in general and would appreciate any expert knowledge anyone may have.
Any images or examples would be greatly appreciated as well.

I do have a few examples courtesy of the Berman Museum in Anniston, AL and from Farrow Fine Art gallery.

Any notes or resource materials on determination of style, country of origin, and age, as well as character affiliations would be helpful.
I am also trying to compose an appendix listing the various collectors who have holders in their collection here in the US. If you own any Balinese or Javanese holders please let me know. I DO NOT have to publish your name if you do not wish- a simple "Private collector- Albany, New York" and the number of holders you have in your collection would be tremendously helpful.
Also, if anyone knows of any galleries or museums that have holders in their collections please be kind enough to pass the information along.

I have inserted an image of some of the holders I am studying, the center and right figures are of particular interest to me, if anyone could tell me anything about these figures I'd appreciate any and all information!

Thanks,
CC
cecas24 is offline   Reply With Quote