View Single Post
Old 28th December 2017, 06:28 AM   #3
rasdan

Hi Shayde,

Thanks for sharing your keris. I don't have much to say, but the wood looks like timoho to me; it's just that there is not much pattern (what people refer to as pelet I presume) on the wood.

The blade looks quite old and it definitely needs a loving care. Just clean the blade with the usual coconut water soak and if you have warangan, stain it afterwards. Then, oil (preferable scented) the blade and cover it with plastic sleeve or wrap.

I like this keris, however to be able to further appreciate the beauty of this keris, the photos of the blade needs to be well lit and in the right orientation as if we are holding it with our right hand and also perfect right angle to the blade - to see the blade profile and angle - Unless you wanted to show the depth of the blumbangan or the sogokan. Otherwise we can't see much. Please forgive me, I have taken the liberty of re-orientating your photo to show the correct view. The second photo (in a clearer photo) is needed to see the sorsoran of the blade which is crucial.
Attached Images

Last edited by rasdan; 28th December 2017 at 06:53 AM.
rasdan is offline   Reply With Quote