View Single Post
Old 16th December 2005, 04:29 PM   #12
Antonio Cejunior

Default Pre-Selection Voting Members Announcement

Hi everyone

This announcement should have been made by Mark Bowditch, but I found out that he is with a heavy cold in bed, so I will make the announcement.
The three selected members for voting the pre-selection proceedings are:
Fred Malibago
Jose Albovias
Rick Bates

The above selected three contributors as members of the pre-selection group is based on the following criteria:
a- Fred Malibago and Jose Albovias were already contributors before our splendid EEWS version.
b- Rick Bates as also the representative of EEWS who has so kindly and generously agreed to host this fantastic project.

I have been a member of many a selection committees in my life and the ratio of 3 members for seven contributors (excluding my single modest entry of an ignorant begginer) is very good. Usually (and this is not a competition) there are nine designers invited to analyze hundreds of entries. Here are just pictured six.

PRE-SELECTION CRITERIA
Let me state the criteria for the pre-selection:
- Selection by type of swords, ie., for the Kris group the selection group should pre-select in such way that what the group considers the top piece should be such and such entry code (see the contributors page for each sword's code). That means you are pre-selecting by intrinsic quality, period, region, tribe and so forth. If there are 25 Kris entries (just an example) we should have a result of 25 Kris graded from #1 to #25, being #1 the most representative and #25 the most common. (No offense meant to anyone as this is making the rules public).

-This should work for all the sword groups. The selection group will be the one to create the groups such as Barong, Kampilan, Tenegre and so forth, and no contributor will be ignored, independently of how swords are named.
-Pre-Selection can take two or three days until the group has agreed and tuned in the criteria and so forth.
-The pre-selection grading from #1 to whichever number, is a way to assess the grading according to all elements and also to allow for a final decision on the space available. In my own wish, I would have everything. Between wishful thinking and this superb turn-out we will be all making history, hopefully.

Now let's have the pre-selection group work. Thank you each and everyone of you gentlemen. It is amazing your enthusiasm and generosity. You are giving a lesson of civility, of brotherhood and of culture.

Again, let me phrase that this is not a competition, that here no one is winning or loosing, and in the end all will be winners as I think that our main collective goal is to have a great show.
Furthermore, since all the information about period, region, and so forth is available online, except for some of Fred Malibago's swords because of his lack of time, everything will be very clear

Thank you all once again.