View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 08:32 PM   #34
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Thanks Jim, It proves how excellent our Library is ...and how useful a research tool... I often find the web giving our Forum coordinates when I search ...

Indeed it is an amazing resource! I used to have a huge library (when I lived in a house) but there is limited space here in the 'bookmobile'. When I began writing online here on the forum, most of my posts were the result of compiled and referenced data from extended research I did in order to write.
These days I search our pages and find those old posts often as I retrace notes etc. to respond and research topics, and these with my notes as well as the valuable input from so many others here have become my key resource. Much of this is equally found on Google, again linking our huge archived data banks of nearly two decades.
The knowledge of the membership here is phenomenal, and even more so as it is dynamic, thus ever growing and endlessly expanding thanks to our valued contributors .

OK OK! enough pep talk its just that I'm proud of what we have all accomplished here, and continue to do.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote