Thread: Klewang Sumatra
View Single Post
Old 1st November 2010, 05:23 AM   #19
KuKulzA28

Default ...yet another question

Hello! I have another question...

Does anyone happen to know Indonesian smiths who make klewangs in this style?

I know of 5 Indonesian knife maker/vendors and they all, for whatever reason, wouldn't be able to do this job... whether because they require a minimum number of pieces for a custom order, or because they specialize in small knives, or because they would charge too much... I'm not too knowledgeable about local smiths in Indonesia and I was wondering if any of you have any idea of Sumatran or Lombok smiths who could make this style of klewang/pedang... or a smith who's good at it...

If it is against forum rules to mention vendors and makers in a post...
Could someone (who knows and is willing to share) PM me regarding information on local smiths?

The balance of this blade, the weight, the handling, the aesthetics - it's just really pleasing to me. I'm used to tip-heavy machete-types that are practical and can definitely mess someone up, but this klewang is just fast and deadly... would be great for slashing through underbrush (which kills the wrist when doing it for a long time with a heavy 'chete) and slicing flesh. I'd definitely like to have one newly made for me... but if no one makes these anymore, perhaps I will sell my antique and "forget about it".

Thanks guys!
KuKulzA28 is offline   Reply With Quote