View Single Post
Old 25th March 2005, 03:00 AM   #1
drzzzzz

Default Engraved Sword w/snakeskin,lizard skin Scabbard

Sorry it took so long to get back...1st I'd like to state...This item was purchased from an estate auction {New York State}several mths ago.The seller stated that the sword was stuck in the scabbard and hadnt been removed since who knows when.After I received it ,I tried to remove the sword from the scabbard but could not.It sat in my cloest for severals weeks until a friend of mine came over to look at it.We both tugged and pulled enough for it to break free from the scabbard.To my amazement were these engravings on both sides of the sword,end to end.This hythened my interest enough to find this sight and to post it .To answer a few questions from the previous posts:There are rings on the scabbard and the lower guard seems to be copper,brass,or bronze.The sword seems to have been sharpen at some time ,the tip looks like to have sharpening marks.Ive attached more photos for you to see.I would like to know if possible: Origin...Approx.Age ...Translation of engraving..and Est. Value....or where I might find out these questions.Thanks For All or Any Information...
Attached Images

drzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote