View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2012, 04:48 PM   #13
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajen
but when you consider that it is one of the most rare keris forms and that every collector want to have one it's still a bargain!
I realize that i will probably be in the minority on this here, but outside the rarity of this form i would not be that driven to own this piece (meaning i would not consider it a bargain ). For me it is always the blade that determines if a keris is for me, not the dress. That is not to say that i don't appreciate nice dress forms (tho one included), but i am not going to collect a keris solely for it's dress. The blade here is not only in a badly rusted condition (though probably not beyond saving), but it was never much to write home about in the first place. It's not a matter of it's simplicity. Simplicity can be elegant and artistic and i believe we see many Malay keris that are just that. But this blade does nothing for me.
The dress is indeed a rare form and will no doubt be stunning if it gets restored, but without a blade of good character at this ensembles heart it doesn't hold my interest for long.
David is offline   Reply With Quote