View Single Post
Old 17th January 2024, 02:36 PM   #95
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
In Palomares chart it says he also worked in Madrid. As also mentioned by Leguina .
According to Rodriguez del Canto, Corrientes is said to have already forged short blades for espadines (short swords).
Thank you so much Fernando. I have been trying to work through old notes and references on the Spanish blades still working on the dilemma discussed with the SEBASTIAN HERNANDEZ blades, as I think there is far more to this case than I had thought. Basically while I have it seems been inclined to defer to most of these blades being German, you of course had reservations, which now seem to have been well placed, and your position toward some cases being to the early masters. As you had suggested, though Toledo was in decline, it did not mean the masters disappeared......but as you noted, were likely working in some of the other Spanish centers.

While I have found Beraiz, and Lorente (on the perillo) I cannot find my copies of del Canto,Legiuna, nor Lhermite .

The note on Corrientes having made short blades for ESPADINES is perfect!! and most valuable information, thank you again!

Best,
Jim
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote