Thread: New Moro kris
View Single Post
Old 12th February 2020, 08:49 AM   #15
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolaki
How do you polish moro blades? I was going to soak blade in bi carbonate slurry then drench in wd40 and later mineral oil when wd40 dries
Hello,
Here a thread: http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...highlight=moro where I restored a kris blade with similar grade of corrosion, I polish the blade with different grade of sandpaper, you can use it dry or with oil, in your case I woud start with 180 and go up until 1000, make the blade free from any oil and etch it with a warm vinegar solution. The result you can see in the given thread. There are other threads from me and other members where you can see how moro blades can get restored. A bath in a vinegar solution to loosen hard and extreme corrosion isn't announced by a blade with this grade of corrosion IMHO. A bath in a vinegar solution let become a blade gray and when you want to get a good looking blade you will need to polish it anyway.
BTW, to strip down a Moro kris handle is a project, special to built it up again, you need some skill to do it. The handle from your kris is in a very good original condition, I would hestitate to dismantle it.

Regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote