View Single Post
Old 27th January 2020, 09:20 AM   #5
Mickey the Finn

Default Re: This kid at work, and his new GMC truck.

There's a young man at my work, about 19 years old. He used to drive a Honda, a souped up little Civic or something. A friend of his told him that he (my co-worker) should buy a truck because he (co-worker's friend) wanted to buy his (co-worker's) car. A former boss of mine told me once that children and drunkards "get extra help from God". This young co-worker of mine is no habitual drunkard and no longer a child, but I know with certainty that he also benefits from this "extra help". This co-worker of mine, to oblige his friend, went down to a motor vehicle dealer on what turned out to be just the right day! The friendly and helpful salesman just happened to have a pickup truck which his boss had told him just that morning to sell at a steep discount to get it off the lot! The payments? More than what he was currently paying for the Honda. After disclosing his monthly income to the salesman, the latter crunched some numbers and informed him that "only today", he would make a special, extra discount to the price, so he (my co-worker) would just be able to swing it. My young co-worker disclosed to me after the fact that he'd agreed, reluctantly, despite not really feeling all that good about the deal. But in order to be able to sell his car off to his friend and take advantage of the great deal the kindhearted salesman had arranged just for him, he'd agreed. As I'd stated earlier, I have no doubt that the young truck buyer I work with benefits from "extra help" from God. He had a good friend willing to take over the car payments, he'd walked onto the car lot on just the right day, and spoken with just the right salesman; what's even better is that his friend didn't talk him into putting all his savings into a Ponzi/pyramid/multi-level marketing scheme! One might say it all worked out providentially! I'm left with a nagging uncertainty, though. Would that part-time bomoh have discerned anything special about your keris on the day after you brought it in and were no longer present? Would the car salesman have been willing to make that "extra discount" to the price of the truck if someone else had gotten there sooner? If someone else had come to the silversmith looking for a custom mendak for a very, very old keris Brojol after you'd left, would that part-time bomoh have discerned anything special about it instead of your keris? If none of what I've just said seems to make much sense, I'm working on a draft post re: the "armour piercing keris", the "golok Nabi Mulud" and my tombak Brojoguno (which I've yet to extricate from it's tutup), which may perhaps (God willing) shed some light (however dim) upon what makes some tosan aji so much more powerful than others, and the stuff of legend.

Last edited by Mickey the Finn; 27th January 2020 at 09:26 AM. Reason: additional information
Mickey the Finn is offline   Reply With Quote