View Single Post
Old 12th April 2015, 09:02 PM   #15
kahnjar1

I already have one of the barrels off so will post some pics in the next day or so. As mentioned before there is no VISIBLE breech plug but that is not to say that there is not one that can not be seen. The barrel is smooth bore so it COULD have been drilled from the muzzle end. This method was used on European guns in past times.
Stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickystl
Hi Stu. That double match holder on your Omani gun is very neat !!! So yes, I agree that the cone shaped one on the Indian gun was likely used to extinguish the match.
If you get the barrel off one of the Indian guns, maybe you could post pics of it? I guess I shouldn't be so lazy and just take the barrel off mine.
I simply can not figure out the parts/process used to seal the breech.
If you go to YouTube and search under matchlock you will find the vidio of the Indian matchlock barrel where they cut the breech of one barrel to inspect it. And they test fire another barrel. Very neat vidio. But the don't mention how lthe breech was sealed. Anyway, between the both of us we will eventually figure it out.
Stocks: I've seen them with one piece stocks. Mine has a two-piece, but the barrel is 56" long. I once saw one that had a three-piece stock with the barrel being 72" long. LOL. Thanks again for your imput. Rick.
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote