View Single Post
Old 26th February 2011, 03:11 PM   #14
Robert
EAAF Staff

Migueldiaz, Now I know who it was that won that beautiful Luzon sword. I even started a thread right after the auction had ended asking if anyone here on the forum had won it. I am very glad that it was you that won the bid on it (knowing that it has a good home now) but would have been happier if it had been me. It is by far the nicest one of this style that I have ever seen and in such great condition too. I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT !!!
I will be posting pictures of the blades that I have that are similar to the humpbacked ones you posted later today. I would have had it done already but yesterday was a bad one for my family (medical problems with a Grandson) and my wife and I did not not return home until late last night. Everything is better today and he will be fine.

Lew, I have noticed that with the economy being down it seems that a greater number of these than usual are "accidentally" being listed as American Revolution or Civil War relics (probably in the hopes of selling them for exaggerated prices). A very sad thing to see. The person that I won this item from told me that after the auction was over she had been contacted by a person claiming that they had one just like it and that it was in fact an 1850 "Spanish California Dagger" and worth over $500.00. I am not sure why anyone would do something like this after an auction was over but I have been hearing some pretty strainge things lately.

Jose, Carlos and Detlef, Thank you all for your kind words. Ebay does still produce a few good items at reasonable prices now and then. It was by pure chance that I found this dagger as well as the other items that I have won of late. My biggest problem (like everyone else) is having the funds to afford them if and when they are found.

Again I would like to thank everyone who has replied for their interest and kind words.

Robert

Last edited by Robert Coleman; 26th February 2011 at 04:10 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote