View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2016, 06:26 PM   #21
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
Hello Everyone,
I would be grateful if anyone could tell me where this Tulwar originated. I have researched quite a lot of previous threads, the internet and reference books but have been unable, so far, to satisfy my curiosity. It is a very plain but I think a very elegant weapon made for combat. Its length and style lead me to think it must be for a cavalryman. The curved, single edged, blade looks European to me and has no ricasso, two broad fullers start at the hilt and run for approx. 18cm before the top fuller splits into two making two narrow fullers which run together with the broad fuller to a distance of approx. 18 cm from the point, there are no marks on the blade or hilt. The hilt is the commonly termed "Indo Muslim" type And seems to be silvered iron or steel. I have tried to find a similar one having the same langet design and also the same style and length of the stem above the disc pommel without success, hence my post.

Overall length is 109 cm, blade length is 93 cm x 4.5 cm wide at the hilt.
Hoping that you can come up with the answer and thanking you in anticipation.
Regards
Miguel
I think the style of hilt is Dungarpuri as seen at http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17903 which is worth looking at.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote