View Single Post
Old 20th December 2005, 06:49 AM   #35
zelbone

Guys,
The book I have is a collection of journal articles written about the history and arts in Sulu. I don't have the book on hand right now since I loaned it out to a fellow collector, but I believe the title is Sulu Studies. In one chapter they do describe the utak janap and it's intended use and there might be an illustration. The copy I have is relatively recent and should be available....and it's in English. Sorry I don't have the ISBN number which would make locating a copy easier. You might want to search on the old forum because I believe I actually wrote about that book and gave all the pertinent information of finding it. Actually, there's some very valuable information in that book that any collector of Sulu weapons would find very useful. Like I said, I don't have the book right now, otherwise I'd have the information for all of you. As for a tool version of an utak janap, I saw one last year at Cecil Quirino's house when a few of us collectors here paid him a visit. It was pretty plain, but had a similar hilt. I should have bought it!

Regards,

Zel
zelbone is offline   Reply With Quote