View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2018, 07:23 PM   #33
rickystl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
CONGRATS, RICK !! This is as close to being an out-and-out "screamer" as they come. I like the exceptional work on the lock, and the precision of decoration on substantial fittings. Welcome relief from the run-of-the-mill half-hearted fit and finish on most Balkan guns on the market today. You did very well on this. It looks clean enough to shoot! (at least to fire a blank salute on Skanderbeg's birthday.) Have you checked the bore
Hi Philip

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Yes, I think she is a beauty. Best one I've seen. Not only from a quality standpoint, but the condition looks like it's never been used. I'm confident it would be in good firing condition as is. Of course, I won't shoot this one.
I have not yet had the chance to really inspect the bore or dis-assemble it. But will do so soon. As mentioned, I want to clean the bottom of the barrel and re-post it here to get an idea of the damascus. It looks like a complex pattern, but my knowledge is too limited. I did find the the right size red beads. It's 3MM. I broke one in half and just set it in the hole to see how it looked. Looked and fit perfectly. Thanks again.

Rick
rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote