Thread: Fires in Athens
View Single Post
Old 24th August 2009, 04:35 AM   #5
Gavin Nugent

Default Be prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D
I hope everyone everywhere stays safe. Mother nature can be merciless. This picture was taken a couple miles from my home 2 weeks ago. Its pretty much contained now.

All the best.
Jeff
That certainly looks like a magic spot when mother nature isn't misbehaving Jeff.

Good people,

I hope no one ever has to go through it. These events are something everyone can all prepare for to some degree, although even the experts get it wrong and you can be caught off guard.

In Australia, fire is something we all live with often. Currently, although still winter, in Brisbane we have had winter stop suddenly, spring not even look like visiting and summer was here in a day with 33 deg celcius heats on a winters day, a sign of the year ahead and severe fire dangers are already relayed on the news every night.
Please if you are in these areas, prepare. Have an emergency kit and first aid kit at home, have fireblankets for everyone, they are so cheap and shouldn't be forgotten. Have an evacuation plan and a watch and listen to the authorities on the TV and radio for up to date information and most of all don't put yourself at risk by trying to protect property, it can be replaced, you cannot.

My thought are with those effected and who have ever been effected.

Gav.
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote