View Single Post
Old 11th June 2012, 02:24 AM   #7
christek

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
CONGRADULATIONS ALL THREE LOOK AUTHENTIC TO ME. NONE ARE IN MY FIELD BUT THE TWO TULWAR APPEAR TO BE OLD ONES MOST LIKELY FROM SOME OLD INDIA ARSENAL. LARGE STOCKS OF THESE WERE FOUND IN MOST ARSENALS OF THE TIMES SOME EVEN HAVE VERY GOOD BLADES, WOOTZ IS NOT UNKNOWN.
THESE ARSNEAL SWORDS ARE A GOOD PLACE TO START TO LEARN ABOUT INDIAN SWORDS AS THEY ARE NOT EXPENSIVE AND NO ONE HAS MADE REPLICAS OR EXPENSIVE FAKES TO SELL AS REAL OLD ONES.
Hi Vandoo,

Thank you for your reply, after some more research I am of the opinion that these are authentic. The tulwars could be as old as 1800 up to 1900, it is very hard to find out a more comprehensive date. The blades appear to be in good condition (the complete tulwar is also very sharp). I understand many from this period may have been constructed using British made blades, but I am yet to discover how one would know this in the absence of markings. I love my tulwars and hope to obtain more or them. In the meantime I will read up as much as I can about them to learn more regarding the ID of these swords. Regards.
christek is offline   Reply With Quote