Thread: Jambiya plastic
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2012, 05:17 PM   #23
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
Thanks for your comment Ibrahiim. So we definately have an Omani Khanjar.
I believe that Yemeni makers have had access to blade making machinery, and that blades of this sort were occasionly found on their work. So the possibility exists that this blade originated there.
As to putting new bits unnecessarily on older pieces, I think you by now must know my feeling about this. Great idea if thats what you deal in, but again it's creating something which is NOT original.
Regards Stu
Made in Oman for sure. For the UAE market / client. Could be an Indian or Yemeni replacement blade.
On replacement parts ~ By nature the Omani Khanjar is a multiple set of parts very often with replaced blades and occasionally hilts. Belts and add ons get replaced all the time. Upgrading Khanjars is what Omani men do all the time... Its part and parcel of the Khanjar situation and is normal proceedure. ... All Khanjar dealers in Oman have access to the vast range of spare parts we need to carry and most either have their own workshops like us or blister onto a local one for minor repairs and upgrades. It seems peculiar to the Khanjar, since, how many ethnographic daggers are there around with upwards of 10 separate parts?
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote