View Single Post
Old 25th September 2005, 09:17 AM   #5
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilked aka Khun Deng
Antonio - WELL SAID! I think you've definately captured the feelings of many of us in your words. Not only are weapons an art but also a look into our past and how we developed into what we are today. Again well said.

If I may, I would like to pass on Lung Som's and Serge's compliments - your picture is now displayed in their show room. What a change has taken place there. Sege has organized Lung Som and refocused him on traditional arts, I know you had misgivings about his website not focusing on swords, well it must have done some good as he is collecting all the books he can on traditional Thai sword-making and is trying to steer Lung Som away from tourist stuff and showing him there is a market for mastercarftman produced blades. Serge has been invaluable in helping me attain the quality of dress on the handle and scabbard to match the wonderful blade that Lung Som produced seeking out the best from all over Thailand. I owe him a debt of gratitude. They both send their Warmest regards.

Dan
Hi Dan,

Just got back from a week long field trip a couple of hours ago.
Your words are most kind. To make the sword be acknowledged as art it is also imperative that the fight is brought into the academic art as in which way can a sword be considered art.
I intend to make a two hour long presentation on this issue in an attempt to bridge it between sword lovers and art academics. This will take place on the 15th of October at the Museum Auditorium.

It is most kind of Lung Som and Serge. I lost Serge's address and website.
Do keep me posted please either here or by email.

It is good if Lung Som concentrates in the traditional crafts.
BTW, have you received your swords? Would love to see them.

Regards,
Antonio Cejunior is offline   Reply With Quote