View Single Post
Old 11th October 2015, 05:22 PM   #7
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
About the article in post one. The author writes. "From two independent sources the descriptions of traditional martial practices in Muslim Lucknow, which ceased to exist by the late 19th century, are known." It would have been interesting to know, which two indipendent sources the author refers to[/i]
Dear Jens
I can not put all the article here . It was published in Russian journal and I hope will be soon published in English. But I can write to you in PM.

Quote:
Under katar. A pity it is not mentioned where Egerton wrote that the katars origin from Nepal and when.
Robert Elgood in "Hindu Arms And Ritual", p. 163 wrote "For many years they were attributed to Nepal on the basis of a purchase and attribution by Egerton". Further it is very well written that this kind of dagers rather "a conservative survival".
Oh... I am sorry. In the article it is not about "jamdhar" but simple "katar" or "katari". It is about Egerton's #345 and others like it. Of course, I have got your article.

Quote:
Looking forward to see what you have found out about the 'Phul-katara'.
I will add this part of text to the article in English. May be after translate I will put this part right here.
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote