View Single Post
Old 13th February 2010, 12:30 PM   #27
harimauhk

Default Love ko Pilipinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePepperSkull
Miguel,

I found footage of the Panday Balisong you posted pictures of. This man is FAAST! I have an uncle from Banagas, who carried a beinte-nueve all of his life, and he was nowhere near as fast as this man is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7OjNyYfWx0
Check your e-mail. I hung out with him today and bought some of the best balisongs he had to offer. He taught me how he opens them that fast too. He told me he was inspired to work on his openings after someone pulled a balisong on him on a bus in Manila in the '70s. The guy tossed it in the air and it hit the floor, so he bent down, picked it up and opened it the barako way (with two hands). He got really close to Mang Ona, who then pulled out his own balisong, and said something like, "I'm not joking to you!" in Taglish, The guy backed off, sat down and got off the bus at his stop. Ona's biggest worry at the time was the police, but fortunately, nobody called them (this was prior to the era of cell phones).

I also showed him my Emerson Combat Karambit which I carry practically everywhere. He loved it (but not the price). He said he thinks the karambit is the best fighting knife you can get because of the finger ring.

What an experience! I was so happy and proud to meet him and he told me he was happy and proud to meet me!

Last edited by harimauhk; 13th February 2010 at 01:01 PM.
harimauhk is offline   Reply With Quote