View Single Post
Old 10th December 2007, 12:42 AM   #8
Boedhi Adhitya

Well, I must agree with Pak Alan and Alam Shah, since the proportion of the sor-soran seems O.K. While it is not usual to have a ganja iras in kelap lintah, it is certainly possible. Not so 'unusual', I believe.

If the ganja was missing, then the pejetan/blumbangan will go acros the bottom end of the blade, making the neck of the ganja ('gulu meled') very thin if we see it from the cross-section view. If the pejetan deep enough then nothing we can do but to put a new ganja. 'Deep enough' in this case is simply an ordinary, well-defined pejetan. The part of pesi/tang which immediately connected to the base of the blade (where the ganja once resided) would be swollen/larger a bit, as it must have a snug-fitting to the ganja's hole. It was also protected by the ganja, so it might have the least worn-out compared to the rest of the pesi, and even more, to the rest of the blade.

Your blade, Mandaukudi, seems to have an appropriate size of gulu meled (neck). I bet for it, but would be better to see it from the top (or bottom?)/ cross-section view.
Boedhi Adhitya is offline   Reply With Quote