View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:39 PM   #8
A. G. Maisey

My reasons were similar Jean.

I have never met the Javanese gentleman concerned, but I did know one of his teachers very well, and that combined with information from various other sources has caused me to form my own opinions.

I have read more than a little of the Javanese gentleman's writing, and he is a good --- no, a very good --- writer. But regrettably his writing does not say very much. He is a clever businessman, and a brilliant promoter. Altogether, a first class example of the 21st century man. I admire his initiative and I can only wish him every success.

But his approach to keris culture differs quite a lot from my own. I have limited time in which to address those things that interest me, this means I have virtually no time to address those things that do not interest me, and the contents of this book are of very little interest to me.

The co-author of this book is of Minangkabau ethnicity and is a very prominent Indonesian elite. Well educated, very talented, an accomplished writer, an outstanding example of the cultured elite class of modern Indonesia.

I perused this book, I did not buy it because it really had nothing to offer me. I really do not need another book full of pictures.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote