View Single Post
Old 1st November 2007, 07:36 AM   #10
Gavin Nugent

Default Inscribed 32 inch Navaja

Hi everyone, I am very new to this website and the use of forums, but am not a new comer with collecting edged weapons.
I am hoping someone out there can help me put together some very hard to read script that is found on my pride and joy, being Australian, Spanish in not a language I grew up with.
With the use of internet tranlators I have worked out the first of the three lines found on the blade and only partially deciphered the other two lines.
The first line reads "Si esta vibora te pica no hay remedio en la botica", "If this viper itches to you there is no remedy in the pharmacy".....too right I say, wouldn't want this fella drawn in anger against me.
The second line reads "___ defensora de mi dueno bas ta el _____ ______", " ___ defender of my owner you go to ______ ______".
The third line is " O le ____ __ Grava __ Labra" ....something like "it burdens working to him" with a few words missing.
Those of you in the know, may know of this inscription or be able to fill in the blanks if fluent in Spanish.
I also remember reading in other forum discussions about the Navaja and someone stating how hard some were to open. I must say this one being my fav in my collection is extremely easy to open, just a firm grip in the middle, useing my finger tips to just push the blade free of the horn handle and a flick of the wrist and hey fresto, a 16inch blade ratchets forth. I know why many call these the predesessor to the automatic flick knives we know of today.
Many thanks
Gav
aka Freebooter
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote