View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2017, 03:36 PM   #9
David
Keris forum moderator

Well Kai, let's not be too hard on our friend Cal. This is all new to him and this is a notoriously (no pun intended on your name Cal) complicated subject.
As Kai has pointed out, there is no way of telling the source of the iron for the last keris you have posted here. It looks like a keris of some age and one might well find that pamor was indeed used in it's manufacture. But when a keris is out of stain, as it is often referred, sometimes the pamor cannot be clearly seen.
But the Bali keris does rather clearly have pamor and the pattern can be seen if you know what you are looking for. Still, some keris do have no pamor at all, called keris kelengan. Whether a keris has pamor or not is not necessarily an indication of the quality of any particular blade.
Kai brings up another point which i have not brought up yet, mostly because i expect new members to read the rules of the forum before posting, but i do hope that these examples you are posting are not from active auctions or sales on eBay or some other sales site. Posting keris that are currently for sale to get opinions on them is strictly forbidden on these forums, so please do not follow such a course if you want to stay in good standing here. Thanks!
David is offline   Reply With Quote